Monday, January 11, 2010
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
1901 Starling Drive Henrico, VA 23229
Map on Library Website: http://www.henricolibrary.org/Libs/tu.html
* Lobby Day on January 18 – why YOU should attend
(Guest: A voice of experience - from behind the “Iron Curtain" to freedom)
* Pending Tenth Amendment bills in Virginia State Legislature
* How to effectively communicate with your legislator
* Building coalitions to strengthen your position
* Making the most of a 10-minute meeting with your legislator
* Live or die in Committee
* “After-Seminar” Small Groups – “Lobby Day Action Plan” & “Local Party Involvement Initiatives”
Confirmed Speakers: Delegate Bob Marshall, Jamie Radtke, Donna Holt, and Joe Guarino. Other special guests are still being confirmed at this time.
This seminar is being offered by a coalition of local citizen groups including: The 9.12Project/WST-Richmond, Virginia Campaign for Liberty, Virginia Tea Party Patriots, and Citizens Roundtable.
This seminar is being presented so that our coalition partners, their members, and citizens at large can effectively lobby their state legislators during Lobby Day on Monday, January 18th. This particular date is a special opportunity for Virginians to express their concerns and desires to their State Senators and Delegates. Face-to-face lobbying at the state level is vastly more effective than at the federal level and will dramatically improve our ability to defend ourselves against encroachments set upon us by the Federal Government. After all, all politics is local.
We’d love to know that you’re coming! RSVP to: email@example.com